Concrete Foreman and Lead Hand Positions Available – Curb & Gutter
Proform Concrete Services is currently seeking a qualified, dependable, responsible and most of all safety conscientious Foremen & Lead Hands with experience specializing in Curb & Gutter. This position will supervise site concrete and utility work. Construction includes but not limited to major street repairs, driveways, sidewalks, and parking lots.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Seasonal, full-time, overtime, weekdays and weekends
- Plan, assign, schedule and supervise the work of concrete crew, laborers, truck drivers and equipment operators engaged in the construction, reconstruction, and maintenance of projects.
- Read and follow blueprints and specifications to determine construction requirements and to plan procedures.
- Consulting with project managers on requirements needed to complete projects, including ordering materials.
- Direct and assign work to employees, based on material or worker requirements.
- Examines and inspects work progress, equipment and construction crew activity daily to verify safety, quality of work and to ensure that the project requirements are met during every stage of the project.
- Coordinates work activities with other construction project activities.
- Understand, manage and prevent occupational hazards and safety precautions of the work.
- Must have the ability to lay-out, direct and supervise construction job site.
- Efficiently carry out instructions and communicate and coordinate with superiors, subordinates, vendors and office staff.
- Record keeping is vital and required for all jobs, including time entry for crew & daily reports.
- Must have experience on commercial construction & civil projects.
- Ensure that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be Mechanically inclined.
- Knowledge of proper use of equipment, materials and supplies used in concrete construction.
- Must have thorough knowledge of all site concrete and utilities (specializing in curb & gutter).
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule.
- Must have the ability to communicate and coordinate with supervisors, co-workers, vendors, etc.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
- 3-5 Years experience curb and gutter.
- 2 Years experience in a Supervisory role.
- Class 5 Driver’s License – Required.
- Math Skills – Required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Products.
- Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge and ability to perform the work.
- Travel will be required.
- Ability to work outdoors in extreme temperatures.