Superintendent - Concrete Services
PROFORM Concrete Services Inc. is currently seeking a qualified, dependable, responsible, and most of all safety conscientious Superintendent. This position is responsible for all quality control of projects including but not limited to submittals, implementing three-phases of control, product and material testing, daily reporting to client, and remedy any deficiencies.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Seasonal, full-time, overtime, week days and weekends
- Ensures assigned construction operations and subcontractors’ performance are in compliance with specification within schedules and budgets.
- Performs general functions inherent in all supervisory field positions. Receives technical and operational supervision from assigned site managers, project managers, or other designated supervisors.
- Supervises and directs subordinate personnel and craftsmen in construction and remediation activities. Performs personnel evaluations on subordinate personnel.
- Ensures project safety and quality assurance within the areas of assigned responsibility.
- Responsible for construction operations within assigned discipline or area.
- Determines manpower requirements.
- Coordinates established area operational plans.
- Schedules work to be performed and reviews work accomplished by each craft or discipline.
- Implements and enforces policies, procedures, and related work rules as established by the company and responsible supervision for the work.
- Prepares schedules, construction methods, and procedures.
- Prepares reports and forecasts, including summary of progress, job manpower forecasts, and expenditure forecast. Assists Site Managers and Project Managers in the preparation of construction methods, schedules, manning charts, material, and equipment requirements.
- Supervises and directs subordinate non-manual personnel as assigned.
- Coordinates activities with other disciplines or areas, and client’s representatives as instructed by project or site management.
- Ensure that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of proper use of equipment, materials and supplies used in concrete and masonry construction work.
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule.
- Ability to organize work according to scope.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
- Familiar with managing concrete and civil crews.
- 5-7 Years experience as in the Construction Industry (required)
- Five years of Masonry Field Superintendent experience. (required)
- Must be familiar with all applicable laws and regulations
- Detail oriented, professional and self-motivated.
- Work well under pressure
- Prioritize workload to meet deadlines and goals
- Positive Attitude
- Strong leadership qualities
- Strong planning skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Clean, Class 5 Driver’s License
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products
- Travel will be required
- Ability to work outdoors in extreme temperatures