Foreman - Concrete Services
PROFORM Concrete Services Inc. is currently seeking a qualified, dependable, responsible, and most of all safety conscientious Concrete Foreman. This individual will supervise the installation of site concrete and utility work. Construction includes but not limited to construction and major street repairs, driveways, sidewalks, entrances/aprons, parking lots, slabs and storm sewers.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Seasonal, full-time, overtime, week days and weekends
· Plan, assign, schedule, and supervise the work of concrete crew, laborers, truck drivers, and equipment operators engaged in the construction, reconstruction, and maintenance of projects.
- Reads blue prints and specifications to determine construction requirements and to plan procedures
- Consulting with project managers on requirements needed to complete projects
- Assign work to employees, based on material or worker requirements
- Time entry for the crew
- Examines and inspects work progress, equipment, and construction crew activity daily to verify safety, quality of work, and to ensure that the project requirements are met during every stage of the project.
- Coordinates work activities with other construction project activities
- Understand, manage and prevent occupational hazards and safety precautions of the work.
- Ability to interpret and work from instructions, penciled plans/sketches, and blue prints.
- Must have the ability to lay-out, direct, and supervise construction job site.
- Be a leader with the ability to supervise the work of others.
- Efficiently carry out instructions and communicate and coordinate with superiors, subordinates, vendors and office staff.
- Record keeping is vital and required for all jobs.
- Must have experience on commercial construction projects
· Ensure that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Knowledge of proper use of equipment, materials and supplies used in concrete and masonry construction work.
· Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule.
· Ability to lift heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions.
· Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
· Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency
· 5-7 Years experience as a Concrete Finisher
· 3 Years experience in a Supervisory role
· Class 5 Driver’s License
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Products
· Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge and ability to perform the work.
· Travel will be required
· Ability to work outdoors in extreme temperatures