Concrete Form Setter
The Concrete Form Setter builds rough wooden structures, such as concrete forms, scaffolds, tunnel, bridge, or sewer supports, and temporary frame shelters, according to sketches, blueprints, or oral instructions.
Perform daily job duties as directed by Foreman, including but not limited to:
- Builds, erects and aligns forms for various concrete structures utilizing preformed forming systems.
- Estimates concrete quantities and appropriate mixes.
- Interprets blueprints and reads survey stakes and calculates areas and volumes.
- Spreads concrete to specified depth and workable consistency.
- Performs rough leveling and shaping of concrete surfaces.
- Removes rough or defective spots from concrete surfaces using power grinder, etc.
- Provides assistance to other workers and foreman as necessary.
- Mentors and trains other foundation employees.
- Always work safely and follow all established Proform safety policies.
- Strong Communication Skills – written and verbal
- Team Work
- Quality Orientation
- Adaptability / Flexibility
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Ethics and Integrity
- Requires a minimum of 3 years of experience with residential, commercial and industrial forming
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Considerable knowledge of the standard methods, materials, tools, equipment, and processes used in concrete construction and maintenance.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints, plans and specifications.
- Ability to perform duties and operation of equipment and tools
- Must be willing to travel to different work locations.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where quality and attention to detail are extremely important
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Flexible, able to deal with change
- Very organized, with excellent multi-tasking skills
- Excellent customer service/communication skills
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
Job Type: Seasonal - Full-time
Pay Range: *Compensation will be based on experience as well as demonstration of required skills.