Chief Operating Officer, PCS
Chief Operating Officer, PCS
PROFORM Concrete Services Inc. is seeking a Chief Operating Officer who is well versed in the Concrete Industry.
The Chief Operating Officer, PCS, will provide oversight and leadership for all aspects of PROFORM Concrete Services Inc.’s construction projects and operations, and has sole responsibility for the financial performance of the organization. The COO, PCS will be responsible for the pre-construction planning and development, as well as the construction activities, ensuring high standards of workmanship, safety and efficiency. This individual is responsible for the efficient use of labor, machines, and materials by the crews. Other responsibilities will include reviewing all jobs to ensure adherence to plans, job specification and codes. The COO, PCS must be familiar with construction contracts and procedures.
- Decision Making
- Networking and Relationship Building
- Planning and Organizing
- Resource and Fiscal Management
- Strategic Thinking
- Oversee the entire operations and be accountable for the financial performance of the organization.
- Redesign the organization in order to streamline activities and costs.
- Oversee and provide guidance to Estimating, Project Management, and all staff and crews for the successful execution of all work.
- Ensure the efficient use of labor, machines and materials is occurring.
- Coordinate long range activities of project staff, construction trades and subcontractors, and use corrective actions to keep all projects on time and on budget.
- Recruit and retain employees, including monitoring performance, providing feedback and taking corrective action.
- Ensure that all processes are functioning as intended.
- Ensure programs are designed and put in place for the proper training of all employees to develop depth in our workforce, develop competencies and future leaders.
- Perform periodic field inspections of projects both prior to, and during construction to determine compliance with approved plans and regulations at the request of inspectors, and to ensure high standard of workmanship, and efficiency.
- Maintain effective labor relations through compliance with company policies, labor agreements, and resolution of employee grievances and fair treatment of employees.
- Mediate and resolve disputes and code issues with clients.
- Meet with architects, engineers and others regarding proposed construction projects.
- Analyze opportunities be responsible to help implement appropriate risk management throughout the organization.
- Assist in the resolution of design issues, change requests, material defects and equipment problems.
- Track and review project proposals, change and change orders, requests for payment and prevailing wage information.
- Read, interpret, and understand construction drawings and specifications, city codes and ordinances regarding building codes, and permit issuance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 15 years of demonstrated senior leadership experience in the construction industry.
- Strong understanding of the concrete industry.
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, field drawings and plans.
- Track record of exemplary HSE performance.
- Strong management, delegation, planning and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of local, provincial and federal workplace compliance regulations, ordinances and legislation.
- High level of sound judgment and reasoning.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise necessary cost control measures.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- University degree, Professional Engineer or CET preferred.
- Travel to the site, and off-site locations will be required.
- Safety equipment will be required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
- Overtime as required.
- Hazards associated with the construction trade.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay Range: *Compensation will be based on experience as well as demonstration of required skills.
Please forward resumes to Corri.McLaren@proform.ca This posting closes February 28, 2019